Last month I brought you my favorite Newborn Necessities that help make life with a baby easier, and I must say, Freshly Picked moccasins fit the bill for that category just perfectly! While they may not be considered a necessity, I think you’d be hard pressed to find a mom who doesn’t say that a well fitting, comfortable baby shoe that actually STAYS ON is important.
We’ve (and clearly by ‘we’ I mean Hendrix and I ;) ) have been using our Freshly Picked soft sole crib moccs since he was just a few days old and have loved them ever since! Comfy, cozy and so, so adorable...I happen to think they pair perfectly with our leggings, but I might be slightly partial ;) We chose the newborn moccs in the color cashmere - It is a gorgeous light grey that literally goes with everything! I love just throwing them on Hendrix regardless of his outfit because I know they’re going to look adorable.
Also, just try and resist huffing the smell of these teeny tiny leather shoes the moment they arrive at your door - I swear, before Hendrix was born I’d just stand there and sniff them - ugh, so, SO good!! Lol! I’m so incredibly sad that his crib moccs are getting too small (he’s 3 months old just for reference) but I can’t wait to order the next size up...these are precious little keepsakes that I plan to have forever!!
I’ve partnered up with Freshly Picked to give one of you a chance to win your very own pair of soft sole moccasins! Please note, in order to enter, you may not have won any other giveaway including a pair of FP moccs within the last 60 days.
For more ways to enter, be sure to check us out on Instagram!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Life with a newborn is rough y’all...a mix of the most perfect cuddles, sweetest baby smell & so much precious goodness all mixed with sleepless nights, unwashed hair and not enough coffee or arms to do ALL THE THINGS. BUT, after 10 weeks of settling in with my third baby, I can completely vouch that these products have made the transition into newborn-hood and a family of 5 so much easier!!
1. When I was looking for a diaper bag, one that converted from a messenger style bag to a backpack was a MUST, and choosing Fawn Design was a no brainer! Between baby wearing and being out and about with 3 kids at once, having both of my hands readily available is a necessity. I have absolutely loved using this bag, and even used it as a purse before Hendrix made his debut. There is plenty of room with lots of interior and exterior pockets, it’s easy to wipe clean and it is SO well made. If you’re splurging on one item for yourself, let this be it. The hardest part will be choosing which color!!
2. We’re all for swaddling, and I love these soft, muslin blankets by Little Unicorn! They are big enough for a good tight swaddle, plus they’re light and breathable which is perfect year round, but especially with having a summer babe. Also, have you seen the array of prints they come in?! So much fun!!
3. Even though it’s wonderful to have the ability to lay my baby down, baby wearing is something I love and is such a sweet and special bonding time. Our Solly Baby Wrap is a necessity - especially with a summer baby! The fabric is soft, stretchy and so lightweight that I have not minded wearing Hendrix at all, even throughout these hottest months. It’s so nice being able to have both hands free to make dinner, play with my older kids, get out for walks, or heck - go to the bathroom.
4. The Dock a tot just looks like a dream and I knew from the moment I was expecting that we needed one, and I was SO right! I love that baby feels nice and cozy and that it’s portable so I can move it to any room in the house! I didn’t use it the first week Hendrix was born, but once I did, he started taking 4 hour naps. FOUR hours people! We also started using it for nighttime sleep at 2 weeks and he has consistently been giving us 6-8 hour stretches of sleep since then - I know...it’s almost too good to be true!!
5. Our Puj Tub has been a lifesaver!! We’ve moved twice (yes TWO times) since having Hendrix and it’s been so nice to have a lightweight, easy to store tub to take with us!! I’m currently using the Puj Flyte which is the smaller, travel version of their full size tub. It’s been absolutely perfect for using in our bathroom sink and it cradles Hendrix perfectly so there’s no slipping around - are wet babies seriously not the most slippery little suckers ever?!
6. Our Plum & Sparrow moses basket is nothing short of gorgeous, and we are actually stuffing our Dock A Tot inside of it for nighttime! Once Hendrix fills out the basket a bit more, we’ll take the Dock A Tot out. We also take our basket in the yard while the big boys play, and on the patio while we eat dinner! It’s so nice having a portable bed and being able to take Hendrix everywhere we are!
7. Toting around a burp cloth has become quite normal, and I have to say that our Oversized Burp Cloths have come in so handy! They are large, thick and crazy absorbent, and perfect for wiping up drool or any other dribbly mess. We’ve also used them as a lap blanket while Hendrix is in the carseat, a tummytime mat and also as a changing pad in a pinch! Gotta love a product that’s multifunctional!
8. Neither of my older two boys were ‘swing’ babies, and I found myself never being able to set them down which can be exhausting and definitely isn’t practical when you have other kids to take care of. I have to admit, I was hesitant to try out the MamaRoo, but I swear this thing is magic! Hendrix will happily nap there for several hours, and has recently become interested in the black and white mobile that hangs above. The movements are so similar to the type of swaying I do when I hold him that I really do think he feels like his being cradled! The white noise feature is a must in a noisy house with two big brothers, plus, I love the modern minimalist look...if baby gear is going to be scattered around my house, it may as well look beautiful, right?!
We are so pleased to debut our SS2016 Collection. Vibrant prints in everyday essentials making this summer collection easy, breezy and bright for every little body. We're introducing fun new prints to everyone's favorite styles, and adding a few new items as well.
From floral to frolicking dots, our Essential Tank Dress is available in three new prints. Our well loved joggers have morphed into the perfect summer shorts, alongside adorable bloomers for your babes.
And...what you've been anxiously awaiting, our Essential Faux Fur Blanket is back, in five new prints. Snatch one up now for those breezy summer nights because supplies are limited.
Be sure to see the full collection here and snag your favorite piece before they're gone.
Now that the weather is consistently warm, children will be zipping in and out of the house faster than you can say, "Put your shoes on!" Or, "Take your shoes off!" Instead of many wasted hours of keeping track of shoes, simply suggest they go barefoot!
Benefits of walking barefoot are often overlooked. As adults, rarely do we think to take your shoes off and go for a stroll in the park as a part of our daily routine. But walking barefoot is like taking time out to get a massage, only for your feet. It’s an automatic and powerful stress reliever. The bottoms of your feet contain thousands of nerves, absorbing everything they touch and sending signals throughout your entire body. This is why the recommended use for essential oils is through applying them to the bottoms of your feet. In short, when stuff touches your feet, it touches your whole body.
When your babies start walking, pediatricians insist that wearing shoes too often is harmful for their development. The muscles in your legs, the arch of your foot, and your body posture all need barefoot walking in order stay strong. This is also true for adults.
Barefoot walking not only has physical benefits but carries emotional benefits as well. Looking back as an adult, many cherished childhood memories probably included walking barefoot. Not caring what was being played, so long as it didn't require shoes. Being barefoot, makes your environment feel alive. It causes you to walk more carefully and pay closer attention to every step. By feeling the surface of the ground beneath your feet, you become more aware of your surroundings. The sense of wonder permeates down to your toes and brings curiosity to life.
It’s seems simple and too easy but that ’s because it is. And the payoff is tremendous. If you're worried about the mess, leave a pan of warm soapy water and a towel by the backdoor so that the kids can clean their feet independently before they come in the house.
Just tell the kids (and yourself) to ditch the shoes this summer and go barefoot!
Shop our newest summer dresses beginning Thursday, May 5.